William L.H. Lubov
Bill Lubov concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury law, mental health law, civil litigation, and family law. Bill has successfully represented clients for over 40 years. As one of the charter members of the Commitment Defense Project, Bill has been recognized as a leading attorney in representing clients who must deal with mental health issues.
Bill was licensed to practice law in 1976, after graduating from the University of Minnesota Law School. In 2013 and 2018, he was recognized by Minnesota Lawyer as an Attorney of the Year. He is also certified as a Civil Trial Senior Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association, rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell, and has been consistently named as a Super Lawyer by the Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine.
Bill has been a member of the Twin Cities Musicians Union since 1963, is Chairman of the trial board for the Union and was inducted into the Minnesota Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; read more about Bill as a professional musician.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. 1976
- University of Minnesota, B.S. with distinction, 1972
Admitted to Practice
- Minnesota state courts
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Past & Present Involvement
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Twin Cities Musicians Union
Awards & Recognition
- Attorney of the Year – Minnesota Lawyer – 2013, 2018
- "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine Super Lawyer
- Member of the Twin Cities Musician Union and serving as the Chairman of the Trial Board for the Union
- Certified as a Civil Trial Senior Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association (only 3% of all registered attorneys in Minnesota are certified specialists in their field)
- Arbitrator for No-Fault proceedings
- Appointed to the Governor's taskforce for review of laws and procedures governing individuals who have been committed as mentally ill and dangerous